This event has been cancelled.
Check out our other events to see when and where other workshops are taking place.
Are you curious about teaching wind energy in your classroom or how to prepare for the KidWind Challenge? This year, we are hosting six teacher-focused wind energy education workshops throughout Kansas. Each teacher who attends and completes the training will receive a modified Vernier KidWind Basic Wind Experiment Kit (~$124 value). You can see a photo of these supplies at the bottom of this page.
Here are the details for the Northeast Kansas workshop:
- Date and time: Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021, 9am-3:30pm
- Location: Keystone Learning Services, 500 East Sunflower Boulevard, Ozawkie, KS 66070
- Register here by Fri, Oct. 22
- 9:00 - 9:10am: Introductions
- 9:10 - 9:30: Kansas Energy Program - overview of resources and opportunities
- 9:30 - 10:30: Wind101 Introduction
- 10:30 - 11:30: Sailcar/MacGyver Challenge
- 11:30 - 12:00: Renewable vs. Energy Efficiency + K-12 Benchmarking
- 12:00 - 1:00: Lunch on your own
- 1:00 - 1:20: Introduction to KidWind
- 1:20 - 1:40: Introduction to KidWind turbines
- 1:40 - 3:00: Wind turbine design competition
- 3:00 - 3:30: Q&A and follow-up discussion
Supplies received by those attending the workshop: