What: The KidWind Challenge is an event developed 6 years ago to allow students to explore the power of wind by building and testing their own wind turbines. Visit www.kidwind.org/challenge for more information. Rules can be found here.
Results: Available on our KidWind Challenge page.
Friday, April 6, 2018
Registration—8am to 9am
Competition—9 am to 4 pm
Kansas State University, Engineering Extension
2323 Anderson Avenue, Suite 300 (third floor of tower)
Manhattan, KS 66502
- You may register up to 3 teams. If there are more than 3 teams interested, we recommend doing a preliminary REcharge Labs Wind Turbine Design Challenge to select teams that will move on to this event.
- Your team may be placed on a waiting list if we reach the maximum number of teams our facilities and schedule can handle.
- Competing students must be in 4th-12th grade
- Teams must consist of 1-10 students (we find 2-3 to be ideal)
- Each team needs an adult coach (teacher, parent, etc.)
- All you need is a generator, some parts, and a lot of creativity!
- We are hoping to find sponsorship to provide lunch for the attendees. Please email us if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences.