The Kansas Energy Program operates the Kansas Wind Application Center (WAC) funded by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s Wind for Schools program. Through this program, KEP does the following:
- engages rural K-12 schools to talk about wind energy
- assists communities in implementing sustainable school wind energy projects
- provides the resources to effectively advance science education in a way that is appealing and accessible to students and teachers
- simultaneously advances education and workforce development
- Additional photos from previous work done by K-State
- Links to wind/solar fact sheets
- Links to openEI, Wind Application Center, etc.